Camp S3 is a Social Skills Camp Program for Individuals qualified to receive special education services under IDEA through their school districts. It is designed for school age children with mild/moderate special needs in grades K -12. Our focus is on the following areas: students diagnosed with high functioning Autism, Asperger’s, and Intellectual Disabilities.
Our objective is to provide a safe, accommodating, non-judgmental day camp for the child with special needs. Our goal is to provide the camper with the opportunity to improve social skills, sense of autonomy, leisure skills and play repertoires and possibly make life-long friendships. Objectives include:
· To maintain or improve the child's functioning level
· To maintain or improve existing skills and/or to develop new skills
· To provide experience in building social skills through peer interaction.
· To build self-esteem, confidence, and leadership.
· To provide exposure to the community environment as fully as possible.